Hello There! Welcome to Magpie Girl, where you can find care for your creative soul.
A mentor of mine once told me, “You only preach the sermons you need to hear.” Apparently I have two sermons that I need on an almost daily basis.
- Right-Fit Spirituality: You can have a spiritual practice that is rooted, creative, and authentically yours.
- Art as Spiritual Practice: It’s okay to worship at the intersection of art & spirituality.
If you’re new here, I’d like to help you find the ideas that best scratch where it’s itching. So here are some “best of” lists, just for you.
Thank you for being here today.
*your magpie girl
Best Of: Right.Fit Spirituality
- Are you relig-ish?
- Relig-ish – The Gathering
- Curating Faith
- Creating a Custom-Fit Faith
- 5 Ways to Uncover Your Right-Fit Spiritual Practice
- How to Have A Life (and Faith) Built on YOUR Core Values
- What is a Withmate?
Best of: Art + Spirituality
- Why it Behooves Artistic Types to Create a Right-Fit Spirituality - An Interview at Create Hype
- Art + Spirituality
- Art, Spirituality, and Managing the Crazy - An Interview at Creative Living
- Managing Your Creative Cycle
- The Care and Keeping of Gremlins
- The Danger of Becoming a Critic
- Empty Out Your Boxes (on re-writing your faith — with a music box(!) and a poem.)
- Make All Things New (video/poem)
- Noticing Nature (photo/poem)
- Noticing Place (photo/poem)
- Church of Art
Best of: Perennial Favorites
- On Choosing Love
- On the Benefits of Wandering.
- Story. Beauty. Laundry.
- Transparency (Everybody Else is not doing Better Than You.)
- Building a Sustainable Passion
- If you are alone today.