28 Days: remember.act.heal.
28 Days is a soulcare program designed to help you engage over the long-haul with the reality of the Newtown Tragedy, or with any deep felt loss.
Rather than forget, we want to remember.
Rather than remain passive, we want to act.
Rather than remain in woundedness, we want to heal.
Over the next several weeks we will be exploring 28 ways to remember, act, and heal in the wake of the shootings. We’ll expand our capacity to be present to grief. Gather tools for societal change. And slowly, in time, become well.
This is a free program from my pastoral heart to yours. Here’s how to get involved:
1. Sign up on my mailing list (box, stage right) to received all of the 28 Days assignments. Posts will arrive every 3-4 days until the 28 day cycle is completed.
2. Choose the prompts that are right-fit for you and take action on them.
“There’s no place to go, but together.” So if you want to spread the word:
- Facebook: Invite others to join us by posting the Facebook cover image, and 1-28 profile images. Click for: 28 Days Facebook Graphics
- Pin it!
- Twitter: Spread the healing word on twitter:
I’m exploring how to remember, act and heal in response to Newtown with @magpiegirl. http://bit.ly/XoCuxK #28days
- Blog: Write a post or include the 28 days badge on your blog (use the HTML code below).
<a href=http://www.magpie-girl.com/28-days-newtown-healing/> <img width="120" height="120" title="28 Days: remember.act.heal." src="http://www.magpie-girl.com/wp-content/uploads/28-days-badge.jpg"/></a>
The more like minded souls, the more healing we bring!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. I’m happy to help! Thank you for joining me on this journey.
*your magpie girl
More from 28 Days:
Response to Connecticut: A Prayer. A Plea.
An Ongoing Response
Tools for Tragedy
28 Days Main Page (info/graphics)
Day 1: The Healing Power of Whimsy (600 Monsters)
Day 2: Inhale Compassion, Exhale Love
Day 3: The Sandy Hook Promise (video)
Day 4: Say Thanks
Day 5: Know Better (podcast on race and gun violence)
Day 6: Believe in Your Fellow Humans (start locally)
Day 7: How to BreatheThrough Suffering