Yeah, he’s kinda a rock star. (Photo Source.)
Today’s sermon is brought to you by Bjarke Ingels, Danish architect and TED Presenter.
Preacher Ingles has 6 major art + life lessons packed into this 18 minutes sermon. (And you don’t even have to get out of bed on a Sunday morning!)
1. Don’t be Afraid to Let Go of Your Ideas. Those first sparkly visions must adapt to become a reality. The first form is not always the best form.
2. Share your Favorite Things. (He put the Little Mermaid on loan!)
3. Approach Difficult People with a Sense of Humor.
5. Sell Game-Changing Ideas through Familar Story-Telling Methods. Example? High-minded ideas are sometimes best conveyed through comic books.
6. Inflexible Commitment to “The Ideal Idea” is a Good Way to Kill Your Project. Start with a plan. Grow organically with the limitations and needs presented to you. See something beautiful get born.
So if you all will get settled down in to your pews, we’ll begin our service:
What about you Magpie? What beautiful vision do you have? How can you adapt enough to let it get born? (Need help answering that question? I have too less-than-half-price Small Shot coaching sessions left in June. Click here, I’m happy to help!)