The Art of Noticing series is about practicing presence in accessible, everyday ways. Tired of feeling like life is just whipping past you? Want to feel what you are feeling now, rather than having it sneak up on you later? Eager to find the sacred in your everyday? Join my mailing list to get info on The Art of Noticing: A Practice Group starting May 1st. Thank you for being here!
The Art of Noticing: What helps me feel better.
Yesterday I was turning the pages of my Moleskine calendar and was shocked to see how much the the year has already been scheduled in. “Time flies,” we say. And it does seem to speed by, to pass us in the blink of an eye.
How can we experience — really experience — the life we are living? Does being present to our everyday help us recognize the sacred? Does paying attention reduce our stress and fill us up? Can the The Art of Noticing give us what we need to save ourselves and others?
I think so.
Let’s start with *8Things. What *8Things help you feel stronger, healthier, better? Don’t make resolutions to do them every morning. Don’t create a plan. Not yet anyway. Just take a moment to ask you body/mind/spirit, “What help you feel better, friend?” I’ll show you mine, if you’ll show me yours.
*8Things: Feel Better
1. I feel ”cleaner” when I drink water.
2. Sun salutation or laps in the pool help me feel bright and alert.
3. I feel calmer if I make my bed and wash my bowl.
4. I am more loving towards my family, if I have some time to myself each day.
5. I feel super nutured if I read in the bathtub.
6. Clearing my desk clears my head.
7. Bare-bulb lighting nurtures my spirit.
8. I feel jolly when friends come to eat at my house.
What are *8Things you notice helping you feel better? We need your good ideas, because “there ain’t no place to go but together.” Grab a button and play along. If you put your list on your blog, give us the permalink (not your homepage address) in the Mr. Linky below. Thanks for playing!